Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Finals Week-Pure He**


So, first semester is now over. I went into this freshman year with the mindset of letting Amy take the reins and see how she managed her time and classes. Well, this week with finals it all came crashing down. So today we had a come to Jesus meeting and things will be alot different in the second semester.
I felt so bad today, because I felt like I had failed Amy by letting her "learn the hard way." But after our meeting we discussed the changes that need to be made on both our parts and she said she will be happy with the structure and rules.
Rules, I do not like them-I am a bit of a gypsy, but when it comes to the success of my daughter, I will toe the line.
So here is our schedule for next semester, granted there will be flexibility based on appointments and life in general, but here it is:
7:30 Rise and Shine! (Shower, eat, etc.)

9:00 Classes begin-I explained to Amy that if she or I are still lounging in our p.js at 9:00 then we stay in our p.js until school is finished.It takes us both forever to get ready!!

9:00-9:45 Language Arts, nice way to start the day!
9:45-10:30 Algebra (this semester she will be keeping a notebook with daily work that she needs to show me.)
10:30-10:45 Break for snack
10:45-11:30 Biology (same here, daily notebook, daily work)
11:30-12:00 Spanish
12:00-1:00 Lunch
1:00-1:45 Health/Game Design on alternate days
1:45-2:00 Review for tests next day, email or call teachers with questions,prepare for upcoming portfolios, etc.
2:00 Classes over for day

This leaves her plenty of time to be creative with her writing and photography. It also will give her time for family chores and hanging out with friends.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment