Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 4, 2010

More Halloween Musings

So, Miss Amy and I went to CVS to get some random necessary things; this weeks gossip mag and purple nail polish, when I hear "Santa Baby" piping through the air. Santa Baby? Really? It was the day after Halloween! Did I sleep to long and actually miss Thanksgiving? Which actually would not be a bad thing considering it takes me a week to prepare a feast that is devoured in 15 minutes. I looked around the store and it is decked out with dancing Santas, gift wrap and all kinds of presents that are the top of everyones wish list; The Ove-Mitt and pleather jackets (one size fits most.) I asked the gothic cashier what was up with the carols and he replied that they had started playing on Halloween. Creepy. So I made a decision. Next Halloween when I send Miss Amy out with her gaggle of friends I am going to instruct them to carry jingle bells. After knocking on a persons door they are to no longer say "tricks-or-treats!" the new catch phrase when begging for candy will be "Merry Christmas!"
Egg Nog anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment